Spot of micro-journalism, anyone? | reboot11
Reboot - the Book
let's make a Reboot book - notes, transcripts, tweets, photos and ideas...
I was really taken with the PDF 'books' that people put together from the Lift conference and BookCamp (neither of which I can find now :(
My suggestion is a team of -people- micro-journalists grab voice recorders, other people's notes, photos from flickr, tweets, etc.
At the end of each day, the team combine them into a booklet which we self-publish via PDF/Lulu/whatever...
It would be a lovely artefact from the two days.
p.s. maybe 'just in time' is pushing it, but I'd love to try :-)
- We'll need a team of volunteer micro-journalists/curators
- We'll need an 'editor' who can make decisions on final 'cut'
- We'd need to 'overnight' audio recordings using an MT transcription service (I'll fund this)
- We'll need access to audio recordings of the speakers
- We'll need someone with some basic DTP skills?
Whose up for spot of micro-journalism? Add your name in the comments please.