Proposal | reboot11
let's not just talk...let's DEBATE!
I quite fancy the idea of seeing two Rebooters with opposing ideas take part in a structured debate.
I recently listened to one of the *amazing* LongNow debates  and thought their format  worked really well:
1. Audience vote on who talks first
2. Speaker 1 talks for 10m
3. Speaker 2 interviews Speaker 1 for 5m
4. Speaker 2 summarises Speaker 1's arguments to their satisfaction
5. Speaker 2 talks for 10m
6. Speaker 1 interviews Speaker 2 for 5m
7. Speaker 1 summarises Speaker 2's arguments to their satisfaction
What about a (couple of?) Reboot sessions dedicated to Debates and a final Q&A, which pulls together a couple of our community who share a common interest (but of course, opposing views).
 Watch the video's introduction (starting at 2m45) for how LongNow models their debate: vodpod.com/watch/1409482-niall-ferguson-peter-schwartz-on-human-progress