Invitation to participate
reboot11 - the "action" edition is happening june 25-26 in copenhagen, denmark.
it's time to act, time to focus on the act of acting, time to figure out where to begin the reboot. reboot11 is two days away far from the status quo, two days with old and new friends trying to figure out how to reboot the world!
this is a once in our lifetime opportunity, and so it could be the single most important reboot ever - because this year we're not in a world that thinks the status quo is working - it's not only the freaks at reboot that feel the need to reboot things. we're in times of change and systemic failure unlike anything we'll probably experience again in our lifetime. we've had visionary insights and reflections the last couple of years at reboot (renaissance, human and free - great journeys into the deep insights). now it's time to act on the insights.
it's up to us edgelings and participatory folks to take charge and begin building a better future - insight comes with responsibility.
we're not afraid. we know that we need to reinvent and reboot everything on new scales based on trust, networks and participation.
we are at the cusp of a new approach to sharing, consuming, banking, insurance, journalism, democracy - well almost everything - all the core infrastructure we've build our societal systems on. how do we move forward?
"ACTION", THE CHALLENGE
so the action challenge is:
- what are the great acts, the proven ideas, patterns, solutions, etc. you can implement in your local community, country, peer group, etc. the most important simple ideas we can act on to make a difference
- how can we all learn the skills of action, how to communicate, how to prototype, how to design, how to create, how to manage, how to create movements, how to start an open source project, how to fund projects and companies.
- what to act on first (obviously whatever you're passionate about, but perhaps there's lessons of what can make the greatest difference)
- who are the great actionists who can inspire us, and what can we learn from history?
contribute your ideas on the above at www.reboot.dk/search/21030/en or add your proposal to do a talk, a session, a workshop or anything you can imagine at www.reboot.dk/search/21047/en (you need to be logged in to the reboot website).
THE ACTION PLATFORM
everything at reboot11 will be geared towards action. from an action exhibition to showcase projects, 20 interaction/conceptual designers on standby to help you, favors to create action, facilitators on standby and a micro investment fund. got any more ideas on how to turn talk into action? - submit your proposal at www.reboot.dk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
So what's next if you want to reboot...
- signup now for reboot11 to secure your ticket, only 250 euro if you sign up before May 29th, register.reboot.dk (share travel tips on hotels/flights at www.reboot.dk/page/218/en),
- spread the "action" challenge across the web, blogs, email, im, fb, twitter, etc., perhaps link to the web version of the invitation, www.reboot.dk/page/21062/en
- extend the invitation to participate to the people you "just" know should be at reboot this year
- anything else, email email@example.com
as always reboot is a collective creation, really looking forward to what we all can come up with the coming months. email if you've got questions, ideas, comments, encouragement, etc.